His Secret Baby Bombshell
Expecting her rival’s baby!
Driven businesswoman Eve Winchester has big plans to take her father’s Chicago real estate empire global. But when she ends up pregnant by her family’s personal and professional nemesis, she’s thrown into the shark tank of corporate intrigue. Now she’s doing damage control as she falls even deeper for Graham Newport.
Graham has never had such a heated, secret fling. But suddenly Eve is pregnant, and no strings attached turns into the ties that bind. Graham won’t turn his back on what’s his, but will family friction tear apart their fledgling affair?
Guys, please help me welcome Harlequin Desire author, Jules Bennett to the blog! This is her first time here. Hi Jules. Welcome to Amanda Writes.
- Tell readers a little about yourself.I’m a former salon owner and have a habit of cutting/coloring my hair on a whim when I’m stuck on a scene. I have 2 young girls, married to my high school sweetheart, and I may be the worst cook ever.
- Plotter or panster?Plotter. Definitely a plotter. And even then my rough draft is a hot mess!
- Authors have been asked this question countless times. I’d love to hear what you have to say. Where do you get your ideas from?EVERYTHING! Sometimes it’s a song, sometimes it’s crazy people at Wal-Mart…you just never know!
- Your book is titled His Secret Baby Bombshell. Tell us a little about this story and what readers can expect.This is part of a continuity, but it’s also a stand alone book. There are two rival families, but my hero and heroine didn’t get that memo…or maybe they did because they’re sneaking around in a heated affair. But the secret is about to be exposed in a major way because she’s pregnant…cue dramatic music.
- What inspired you to write?
My high school English teacher. She shredded my essay in front of me and told me I could do better. Best day of my writing life. It made me really examine myself and stop being mediocre.
- How long did it take for you to write the first draft of this book?
- Which celebrities would you choose to play the lead roles of your characters?Mila Kunis and Chris Pratt.
- What is the working title of your next book?
The book I’m working on now won’t be out for a year, but it’s working title is Claimed By the Rancher.
- What words of advice do you have for aspiring writers?
Never give up. I know you hear that all the time, but if you’re going to give up, then it was pointless for you to start. Set goals. Set long-term and short-term. No matter how minor a goal is (maybe it’s writing 1K per day for a week) set them and check them off. You’ll see progress and you’ll keep going.
American romance author, Jules Bennett, has been touching the hearts of thousands of readers since 2005. A former beauty salon owner, Jules juggled the demands of owning her own business, raising two small children and attempting to get home in time to cook her husband (also her high school sweetheart) dinner all while plotting the next scene in her head.
After twelve years of juggling the roles of beautician, wife, mother and romance writer, on very little sleep; Jules decided to hang up her shears and turn her part-time, late-night craving into her full-time passion.
Since beginning her writing career, Jules has had the pleasure of writing for The Wild Rose Press, Samhain Publishing, Berkley Publishing, and currently writes for Harlequin Desire and Kensignton Publishing.